Prepping for the Tender Contact Signing

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

The day after our tender presentation, we received a confirmation email from our tender presenter of our appointment for our contract signing.

They recommend that you read the sample HIA contract in between.

I knew from other posts on the homeone forum is that you pretty much don't receive your building contract about 48 hours before your tender presentation, and you know what, that was pretty much right on point. We didn't receive our contract until the Wednesday avo before our signing.

I guess the main points to look for in your building contract are that they didn't miss anything from your tender presentation, and that all the dollar values (+/-) are the correct prices as per your presentation.

I went through the pricing like a fine tooth comb, and made sure that all our upgrades were as discussed, I then looked at our house plans (and they looked amazing), to make sure that they added all the additions. Things to check on your house plans are:

  • Where your hose outlets are (if that's where you requested them);
  • Same with your gas outlets;
  • The placement of the rainwater tank;
  • The placement of your airconditioner; and
  • That your window sizes are all the same as per previous plans or upgrades
That's all I can think of at the moment. 

To make sure that we didn't miss anything, my husband and I went through each line item in the tender to make sure that the pricing and wording was correct.

You don't need to have a solicitor to go over it, but our solicitor was happy to ask him any questions if need be (which we didn't)!

Once all was ok I made sure that we have enough money for our 5% deposit! I guess we already had enough money but I wasn't sure as to how I wanted to pay. Then I remembered that you can pay by credit card which is awesome! It would help rack up my rewards points!

Other than that, I did have some questions ready for our signing appointment, there were a couple not a lot! Best to ask than not to ask at all!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Scandinavian Inspiration